Friday, March 16, 2018

Rainbows, Beads & A Chick

Hello, I hope you are having a chirpy...I mean chipper day! Today I made another Easter card using one of the adorable images from Sunsational Stamps Hoppy Easter to Some-Bunny Special set and you can find it Here to make some-bunny a card yourself. 😉



I used this super cute chick and colored her in with alcohol markers, I have been practicing my flicking and I am happy with how the 'feathers' came out.



I made the shaker element first by making a rainbow panel using my Distress Oxide inks in a wavy wonky pattern. Then I die cut the panel using my Your Next Stamp Funky Lines Panel die...so we had all sorts of wavy, wonky colorful goodness going on.  I cut two pieces of fun foam also, to pop the panel up.  I wanted to use a rainbow of beads from Queen & Co as the shaker elements, but I wanted to segregate them to keep similar colors restricted to their area.  Because the colors were wavy, I decided to make three separate sections and put a mixture of two colors of beads together, for example; violet and blue, then blue and green, etc.  I assembled the shaker adhering it to a base of medium blue.  I felt the color choice and placement enhanced my chickie and made her pop.



Be sure and check out this months challenge, the theme is ‘Anything Goes” so enter whatever wonderful project you are working on, you can find the post and link up by clicking Here. Good luck, we can’t wait to see what you all create!

I hope you enjoyed today’s card, thank you for stopping by, please follow our blog by clicking on the “Follow Me” button and Like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram so you don’t miss a thing!

Happy Scrappin’
Eileen


No comments:

Post a Comment